Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Recent Post Widget

At last, I can show my readers my recent post. When I visit other blogs I subscribed to, the first thing I try to look for is the recent post. I do that because I just want to read the newest post since I have read the older posts. This are the steps to take if you want to also install a recent post widget for blogger.
  1. Log in to your Blogger account
  2. On the dashboard, click on the “Settings” link



  3. On the Settings tab, click on the “Site Feed” tab



  4. Check the field “Allow Blog Feed”. Please select either “Full” or “Short” in the drop-down menu. You have to ensure that “None” is not selected

  5. Click “Save Settings” button at the bottom of the page



  6. Now, click on the “Template” tab. This will take you to the “Page Elements” tab



  7. Click on the “Add a Page Element” link at the section where you want to include the list of recent posts. You can include it in the sidebar or just below the post



  8. In the Page Elements pop-up window, scroll down to find the page element “Feed”



  9. Click the “Add to Blog” button

  10. Type the feed URL of your own blog. In the example below, I have typed my feedburner feed for my blog. You can also use the Blogger’s default feed URL http://yourblogname.blogspot.com/feeds/post/default. Replace the yourblogname accordingly for your blog.



  11. Click on “Continue”

  12. In the window that pops up, you can configure your feed. Type in a suitable name for your page element, like Recent Posts or Latest Posts



  13. Select the number of posts to be displayed. Blogger allows only a maximum of 5 items to be displayed
  14. You can choose to display the date of posting and the author name if you want. You will see a preview of your feed in the box
  15. Click on “Save Changes”

You have added the list of recent posts. More importantly, you have taken another important step to make the navigation of your blog easier for your readers.

This tutorial was from Assess my blog

Related Post
New Template





AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

 
JustAnswer.com

Informations readers of latest gadgets and blogging.